This is a crazy week (and I feel like I’ll be saying that more, not less, as the season progresses). Freshmen are finishing up orientation, upperclassmen are moving in, various parts of our campus, as always, are hazardous construction sites to avoid, and thunderstorms are looming overhead. And, the first day of classes is just around the corner!
But in the midst of busy chaos I still find my mind all over the place, and sometimes it’s good to get a record each week of what I’m reading, listening to, thinking about, surfing through… so this series is exactly that– for HRCF. We’ll collect a list of links and things to meditate on each week so you can keep up with what’s on our minds. Here goes!
1. Death of Seamus Heaney.
2. We all start the year with new expectations. Freshmen especially. Here’s a proxe station we’ll host next Saturday.
3. When does a dorm room become a home? Inspiring photos
to admire and wish we had the budget for.
4. Pancakes and the Theology of Harry Potter— our first HRCF event! Amazing turnout.
5. What does your word for soda say about where you’re from? A fascinating map on American linguistic conflicts.
6. Thoughts are often inspired by our surroundings. A thought-provoking reflection from the emergency room.
7. Possible HRCF outing is coming up to the Taza Chocolate Factory in Somerville, MA. $5 for a tour and all the chocolate you can eat!